RS-6 radio (1951) was developed by the CIA for covert overseas communication.
These sets were also used by the Strategic Air Command (SAC) and included them in their B-52 E&E* kits.
It replaced the earlier and larger RS-1. There are four units; RP-6 power supply,
RR-6 receiver, RT-6 transmitter, RA-6 power adapter/filter. 3-16Mhz, 10-watt transmitter.
* Escape and Evasion
Before photo ...
four units; restored
a series of "before" photos ... RP-6 power supply
View showing the giant selenium rectifier
used for charging batteries
Assembly - before photos ...
in their waterproof covers